Saturday, July 12, 2008

Allgood's Light the Night 2008 Goal

When it comes to charitable causes there are plenty of reasons not to get involved. You hear it all the time or may even be thinking of some now.

“It’s hard enough to keep up with my needs or to keep up with my business”

“I don’t have time for it.”

“I’m involved already with something. I just cut them a check every year.”

“If I start giving to one charity, then I have to give to others.”

“I am the CHARITY!”

I can’t answer for you personally, but I’ve come to see and understand that charitable giving and volunteer work does have an impact on the ultimate intention of changing and helping lives. Whether it’s giving money to charity that one day helps find a new treatment for a disease or it’s someone showing up with meals for families that have spent countless number of days taking care of a friend or family member in a hospital or at home.

While our family’s circumstances are unfortunate and difficult, it has given me the opportunity to experience seeing kids leaving the hospital that may not been so fortunate in the past. Every visit at the hospital is been an opportunity to see someone that has made another person’s life better just because they volunteered to do so.

I’m proud of the company and the employees of Allgood Pest Solutions for supporting charitable organizations. Whether it’s supplying families with food, clothes or toys at Christmas, helping to fund and build a playground and ball field for handicap children or supporting the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society; they all impact people and making there lives better.

Having a shared purpose between employer and employees such as a charitable cause can be an important ingredient in supporting and communicating our company’s core beliefs and values:
Allgood’s Philosphy

“We believe that providing a workplace where employees have the opportunity to professionally and personally grow and be part of a TEAM is the key for achieving our mission and realizing growth and economic success.”
“To be the good guys of Pest Control”

Personally, I’m grateful Allgood Pest Solutions has given me the opportunity to grow both professionally and personally and be a part of such a reputable TEAM simply by being involved in charitable causes! - Mike Tindol

No comments: